Comment on page
Set up your device
Run through the following steps:
- 1.Restart your laptop to make sure all your drivers and programs are running smoothly
- 2.Shut down any apps or sites that may also use your camera or mic
- 3.(If allowed) Make sure you find your headphones with a mic or headset you're going to use
- 4.Make sure you can find the most updated location for the call. It's either a link or a phone number.
- 5.Check your sound settings to make sure your mic is working (make sure it's on the right audio input, and that it's registering sound)
- 6.Check your browser settings to make sure you've given the platform permission to use your camera and mic. For example, you should see meet.jit.si as allowed.
- 1.On Chrome, you can check these settings by pasting `chrome://settings/content` in your address bar and hitting Enter, and pressing the Camera and Microphone items.
- 2.On Firefox, you can check these settings by pasting `about:preferences#privacy` in your address bar and hitting Enter, scrolling until you see *Permissions*, and pressing the Settings... button next to the Camera and Microphone permissions.
- 7.For good measure, actually test your audio and video
- 1.[Make sure your video is working](#testing-your-video)
- 2.[Make sure your mic is working](#testing-your-mic)
Testing your video is easy.
- 1.Before your call, click your video call link to enter the call.
- 2.If you are asked to allow access to your camera, make sure you hit "Allow"
- 3.Make sure your camera is on in the video call. The camera icon should not have a line through it.
- 4.Can you see yourself? Congrats, it's working!
Dialpad is a web-based audio-conferencing platform Sidekick sometimes uses for audio-only sessions. It also has a great Call Diagnostics tool.